Happy National Running Day! I kicked off my day with a 5.5 mile run with a local running store, Lukes Locker! I also got 20% off a new pair of shoes in honor of this fabulous holiday!
I’m joining my first link-up (hopefully I’m doing this right) with Olive To Run.
I run because it makes me happy and sane and has provided me with some fabulous relationships — best friends, husband, mother-daughter!
1. Treat.com — I always try to send birthday/anniversary/congratulations cards to my loved ones, Treat.com is a fabulous website where you can design and send personalized cards. You can add pictures/comments and really make someone feel special. You can also plan for the future and have them sent on a specific date. It is cost effective as well as you can buy packages up front for as low as $1.99/card. Why don’t you order one for you dad for father’s day?! They are seriously so cute — you can add pictures on them, my cards always have a picture of my pup on the back.
2. Oiselle Vertical Drop Tank — This tank is so cute, fashionable and versatile. Not only is it made out of this perfect wicking fabric for running, it is super cute for “normal” wear. I must admit I own it in two colors.
3. Zoe’s Kitchen — SO. Delicious. This is my favorite place to pick up a healthy/quick lunch or dinner. Not only is the food fresh and delicious, they also have an app where you can take a picture of you receipt and they will send you a “deal.” It definitely encourages you to go back. Check it out to see if there is a location near you! I always finish my food before thinking about taking a photo — that is how great it is!
4. French Press — I discovered this thanks to Stacey! One sip of French Press Iced Coffee and I was hooked! I immediately bought a French Press upon arriving back in Dallas (seriously, went straight to Sur La Table and purchased). The French Press has been so popular with visitors that Stacey has posted a “how to blogpost on how to make iced coffee.”
5. Dog Leash Light — We bought this little clip on light for my pup’s leash at Home Depot. It is perfect for taking the pup on a walk at dusk or in the evening and making sure your pup is seen! My dog is slow low to the ground this makes me feel like cars can actually see her when we are walking. Since Kara is so low to the ground, I hook this on her leash where her leash meets her harness, but this could easily be clipped onto the pup’s collar as well.
Any items you are loving lately that you want to share?
Why do you run?
Happy National Running Day! Get a run in today to celebrate!