I am obsessed with my Blendtec. I use it daily to make a smoothie for breakfast and have also used it to make soups, salad dressings and sauces. I definitely hope to discover even more blender recipes. The Blendtec is very similar to the Vitamix. I figured I would share my favorite smoothie recipe with all of you.
4 Ounces Cocounut Water
4 Ounces Orange Juice
2 handfuls of greens (spinach, kale etc)
2 tablespoons of chia seeds
3/4 cup of frozen mango
Enough Ice to Keep it Cold
I typically blend all the ingredients together and then blend in the ice afterwards. This smoothie is refreshing and keeps me full until my midmorning snack. It definitely makes a pretty giant smoothie but since I am having it as a meal, I am okay with it. With summer here, a nice cold and refreshing smoothie is perfect after a run or morning workout!
1. Why She Won’t Lean In – love this — follow your dreams even if it means you won’t own an empire. Be successful on your own terms.
2. You are Significant without a Significant Other – Grownups should have good knives
3. LOVE this story about the community at a CrossFit Gym
4. Another CrossFit Story — CrossFit Women – The Truth
5. Another post from Robyn’s blog over at The Real Life RD – this is actually a guest post about How to Stop Comparing Your Food Choices. Order what you want and don’t let your friend’s judge your food choices and vice versa! Something all ladies can work on!
6. Article about Cryotherapy use with some local Dallas Athletes
Do you drink smoothies? If so please share your favorite combo!
Any links or articles you would like to share?