I started blogging shortly before my decision to return back to school. I thought going back to school meant that I would have all this free time to blog, cook, do chores around the house, get in some extra runs………EXCEPT I TOTALLY DIDN’T! I CRAZILY decided to take 3 science classes which meant 3 labs and an additional class on top of that for the fall semester so basically I spent the last 3.5 months going to class and studying nonstop and trying to spend time with my husband and somewhat stay in shape. We also had another little surprise a month after I started the fall semester……I AM HAVING A BABY! I found out at the end of September (just before I turned 30) which meant not only was I back in school I was also really really tired and exhausted all the time. We are very excited about the baby and can’t wait for his/her arrival (not finding out the gender, due in early June of 2015). Pic taken by Samantha von Doersten Photography – can’t get the link to embed – http://www.samanthavondphotography.com
Besides the summer, the fall semester was my first official semester back in school, I really enjoyed my classes and managed to do pretty well in all of them. I definitely overloaded my schedule and will not be taking that many classes in the Spring. I am taking 2 science classes this semester and studying for the GRE, if any of you have any tips on studying for the GRE, please let me know! I am lucky that this semester should end just before the baby is due (as long as this little one decides not to make an appearance too early).
During the last few months I have……..
* Traveled to Seattle to visit my grandparents and take in a couple Seattle Mariner games.
* Completed my 11th Marathon – the Portland Marathon — made interesting by being 5.5 weeks pregnant (and with a cold) on race day! Will write a recap on this race shortly.
* Went to the Justin Timberlake concert — loveeeeeee him!
* Celebrated my sister with a Bachelorette Party in New Orleans along with throwing her a wedding shower!
* Watched my little sister get married!
* Ran the Dallas Turkey Trot (8 miles), Cigna 5K associated with the Dallas Marathon and the Jogger Egg Nogger 15K all with a baby on board!
* Went to Las Vegas and saw Shania Twain!
* Spent the holidays in San Diego with my in-laws
* Celebrated my 30th birthday and the birthdays of numerous friends and family members!
I am excited to start blogging again – the husband and I are headed to Charlotte this weekend and then to Houston to run the Houston Half Marathon the following weekend! I hope to continue to find fun recipes to share, places to review, vacations to write about and race reports and maybe some insights on running with a baby on board!
Have any of you taken the GRE? If so any tips?
Any tips on running with a baby on board?
Any blog topic ideas for 2015?