Happy Anniversary Babe! I figured this was an appropriate post for our anniversary since this is something we love to do as a family! I also have another post regarding running after baby that may be interesting to new moms as well!
My husband and I always knew we would want to run with our little one once he/she was born. We thought it would be fun running as a family but it is more fun and not as difficult pushing the stroller as we both thought it would be. We have been running with our little one for about a year now so I figured I would make a list of our “must haves.”
- The Bob Revolution Flex Stroller – I feel like a running stroller is obvious but we absolutely LOVE our running stroller. It is so easy to fold up and put in the car and it makes for a very smooth run. The roads in Dallas aren’t exactly smooth and Mackenzie seems to enjoy her ride. We actually travel with this stroller to most of our destinations since we will want to run most everywhere we are.
- The Bob Weather Shield – This shield was a lifesaver over the winter! When it is cold and/or windy this shield protects the little one from the elements and eases our guilt when bringing her in the cold to go run! It also protects against rain.
- Bear Suit – This isn’t the exact one we have, we have one that is more like a puffer jacket but she wore this all fall/winter when it was chilly out. It is nice because we can put layers on under it or just the suit on itself.
- A phone or radio! I love listening to music when I run and I think the baby likes hearing it too! I just put my phone in the cupholder but a radio or bluetooth speaker could work too! When running with my husband one of us used to put our phones in the stroller with her with white noise playing to make her fall asleep. I do want a bluetooth speaker to stick in the cup holder if anyone has any suggestions on that.
- A small diaper bag with a diaper and wipes in it – since you are pushing a stroller it is easy to bring along supplies for the baby. I have a small diaper clutch that I keep in our stroller with $10 and a couple diapers and wipes in it. ::knock on wood:: We have never had to use it but you never know when you’ll need a diaper!
- Toys! We hook a couple toys onto the Bob for her to play with. We also always run with her favorite bunny 🙂
- Snacks! We always bring a couple packs of Baby Mum Mums with us – if she gets cranky the last mile or two she will cheer up with a snack (she is her mother’s daughter). We also always have a snack cup and a milk cup with us.
- Water bottle for mama! It is important to stay hydrated especially when breastfeeding so I always make sure to bring water with me
Do any of you have any must haves to share with me? Mackenzie has “run” up to 11 miles so far! We haven’t gone any further with her yet but I’m sure when I start logging longer runs during marathon training we will.
Do you like pushing the stroller when you run??
How far is the furthest that you have run with your little one?
Any must have products you would like to add to this list?